Friday, August 29, 2008

Changes

Our family has lived in San Diego for a week now. We rented a house in south Carlsbad about a mile from the beach. We are still getting to know the area, but we are learning quickly that there is no way we will be able to afford a house of our own in this area. However, we will keep an eye on the market for the next year, maybe the prices will drop even lower. If it is not possible, we will just move a little more south or a little more inland from the beach. Jared is enjoying his new job working for the county of San Diego, and Brent and I have been frequent visitors to the beach (everyday, twice a day). Brent loves his new room, and is in a big boy bed now. We decided to skip the toddler bed and just put him into a twin that we already had. We are determined to not accumulate anymore stuff! I'm anxious for our new insurance to kick in so I can go to the doctors and see how the baby is doing, only a couple more weeks till we find out what we are having. I'm still in the "I look chubby" phase, which totally bites, but last time I didn't start showing until 5 months.
I'm actually really enjoying being a mother right now. Brent is turning into such a sweet, smart, funny little boy. He is talking, and playing pretend games at the beach. I love to hear him talk about things. The other day we were walking and he saw "two white dogs". he actually said it just like that. He counts to 15 on his own, loves triangles and circles, and has some of his colors down. Although I think he might be slightly color blind. :)
Anyways, life is good and ever changing.

5 comments:

The Oberhauser's said...

The beach looks beautiful! I want to be there. Brent is so cute. Aiden has been better with his colors, but doesn't know shapes yet. He can count to ten, sometimes... haha. I should be finding out next week, hopefully, what the sex of the baby is. We are excited.

Can't wait to hear about yours. The whole waiting part is a bummer. Glad your family is doing great!

Miss you!!

Beth said...

Hey rachelle, I'm glad you're doing good. Sorry that we weren't able to hook up in Utah. I had no idea you were still here, and I was neglecting my blog for about a week. I'm sad that I missed seeing you!

Camp Directors said...

I am soooo glad I saw you at the beach! I miss you!! How is the new place? -amber

Jenny Ricks said...

Glad to hear things are going well for you in your new place. That is so awesome you live so close to the beach! I'm excited to find out what you are having in a few weeks. I am also in the chubby phase, and I agree-- it sucks hardcore! I put on my jeans this morning and though I can zip them up, I look like a stuffed sausage! :)

Courtney said...

That's such a nice area to be in, I bet you all are in heaven! Too bad it's so dang expensive. Can't wait to hear what you are having, you can keep the boy tradition going and join Jenny and I!! :) Hope you're feeling good.