So it has been a few weeks since Jared finished his last treatment, and we find out for sure if the cancer is gone next week. We are very excited to get the clear from the oncologist. Jared is still having some side affects, but his energy levels are getting WAY better. In fact, we are almost back to be a normal active family. The last couple of weeks, we have gone to the beach, and Jared has gone surfing a handful of times, and I have been able to start going to the gym, leaving the kids home with Jared. Brent and Cameron love going to the beach, especially Brent. We go about 3 or 4 times a week, he runs around, and plays so much at the beach that he gets chaffed between his legs. Well, we bought him a speedo, the kind that look like biker shorts, and they solved the problem. (We put the swim trunks over the speedo). It is so funny, Brent knows the definition of chaffed, and he says, "now I won't get chaffed anymore" in his little 3 year old voice.
We are looking forward to taking a vacation soon. Jared has saved his paternity leave from when Cameron was born, so we are going to take 6 weeks off over the months of December and January. During that time Jared and I are getting away for a nice break, no kids, just enjoyment. Jared deserves it, and so do I, we can't wait. We were thinking Jamaica, south east Asia, Australia, Dominican Republic, or Hawaii. I wish I could go to all of those places!!! Soon enough. When Jared and I first got married we vowed that were were going to take a big trip every 3 years, and we are coming up on the 2 year mark since our last trip, but since cancer happened we are doing a trip early!
I will keep you all posted on the news next week! Miss all my friends!
5 comments:
I am so happy Jared is done and starting to feel like himself again. That is so great for him and so great for you too! I think a big trip is a great idea, and I agree, you both deserve it. All of those places sound awesome!
Hey girlie, you definitely deserve a vacation!! My vote is for Australia. Then you can tell me all of the wonderful places I should go when you get back!! :) I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you guys when you get the news next week!
So glad things are looking up for you guys! You deserve an awesome break and any of those places sound amazing. Can't wait to hear the good news!
PS- Jared has a good head shape for being bald. :)
It's good to hear the things are getting back to normal and that you are already planning a big trip. That's neat that Jared gets paternity leave from work...what a bonus! I hope you hear good news!
THAT IS SO GREAT!!!
so happy that things are going well, and you SO deserve a vacation.... my vote australia!!!!
xoxo
Post a Comment