Sunday, October 25, 2009
Spa Weekend
This last weekend, I had the most amazing, relaxing time. On Friday night I left the kids with Jared and went up to my parent's house in San Clemente. My parents were out of town, and my sister Jenny and I had the whole house to ourselves, to lounge, and relax. It was so nice to go to bed when I wanted, and to sleep in as late as I wanted. (Too bad I could only sleep in until 8:30am.) Then, my sister and I did a run along the beach trail in San Clemente, and went straight from there to Burke Williams Day Spa in Mission Viejo. OMG! Words cannot describe how nice this place was. From the moment you stepped in, it was like you were in a dream world. We got there at 11am, and our actual spa treatments were not till 1pm, so we were in the steam room, sauna, jacuzzi, mist room, relaxation room (reading US weekly :)), etc. This spa had EVERYTHING! Vegetables, fruit, flavored water, aroma therapy face towels, iced towels, facial cleansers, masks, brushes, razors, deodorant, plush robes, slippers, candles, music, waterfalls, and constant assistance from their staff.
When I was in there I thought to myself, "so, this is how it feels to be rich!" It was truly awesome. My sister Jenny gave me the spa day for my Christmas present and Birthday present from last year, and I was finally able to use it. We had a great time together. She kept on telling me, "it's not just about how you are feeling on the outside, but the spa experience also works on the inside". At first I didn't believe her, but as we were there, I completely forgot about everything, except for relaxing and enjoying myself. My massage was awesome and it was nice to have a full day without kids, and without a worry. What a blast! I will remember it forever! Time to save up for next year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
How fun!! I have never ever been to a spa, but reading this makes me want to go for sure!
That sounds like heaven! I have always wanted to have a spa day. I'm so glad you had a nice, relaxing time!
I'm so jealous. I dream of that....
some day. :)
Oh that sounds amazing...I am so jealouse!
Maybe I should hint around to Brig about a spa day. I can imagine myself there already. I'm glad you had some time to just think about yourself!
Sounds amazing, I can't even imagine how great that would be. Glad you got to that, you deserve it!
Ahhh! I love you two. :)
Post a Comment