Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Jamaica 2009

Our trip to Jamaica. Sorry the post is so long, I did not know how to do a slide show. ENJOY!

Jared and I lounging on the beach at the all-inclusive


How Beautiful is this?

This was the really weird place we stayed at for one night...the decor was hideous, Jared was falling off the bed because of the shape.
This is at the same weird place we stayed at. Everything was black and white. We are pretending to be chess pieces.
This was the view from our villa at Frenchman's Cove in Port Antonio. It was amazing! There was no one there...it was like our own private beach!


There was a fresh water steam that went into the cove. It was quite cold, but then it went into the warm water ocean. So when you went into the ocean, there was a cold layer on top and really warm water on bottom.

This was the Blue Lagoon. The water was over 200 feet deep.

Swimming in the Blue Lagoon!



Jared Surfing at Boston Bay Beach. The only surf spot in Jamaica.









Taking a bamboo raft down the Rio
Grande.











Hiking to Scattered Falls




Banana Plantation







Dinner at Woody's in Port Antonio. It was a shack restaurant, we ate real Jamaican food, including curried goat. It actually just tasted like beef. But they wanted us to suck the bones, and I was not having any of that!







Reach Falls...Amazing, almost not real. We were the only ones there.







There was this hole/cave you could go down inside that was in the waterfall. And this is what we saw...


















Reach falls was truly amazing. Jared was like a boy on Christmas day with all the nature around us. As we were there, I told Jared that there was no way to capture it just by taking a picture.



We had so much fun, and enjoyed the break after having a very stressful year. We missed our boys, and so it was fun to come home after vacation and be reunited with them. Just 3 more years until our next awesome trip!

11 comments:

April said...

So fun! You deserve such a great trip! thanks for sharing the pics!

Nilssen Family said...

I'm so JEALOUS!

Renee Collins said...

WOW! What an amazing trip! Everything looks so green and beautiful! How fun for you guys!

This settles it. Ben and I HAVE to take a trip like this one of these days! :)

Beth said...

The pictures are beautiful. It looks like you both had a lot of fun staying in wierd places and enjoying the beaches.

Courtney said...

That is amazing! I want to go there now. Glad you guys had a good trip, you both deserved it!

Alison @ Oopsey Daisy said...

I am so proud of you for going on a trip with just the 2 of you!! And can I just say WOW?! I want to go!

IronLawGirl said...

Holy cow, that is soooo cool!

Erica said...

looks like a great time..I am sure reality set in big time...lol..
glad all is well..

Trevor and Liz Covington said...

that seriously looks awesome!!! Trevor and I need a trip... 11 more months and we can .. ha ha ha!! You guys totally deserved it!! -liz

Jenny Ricks said...

That looks so beautiful! I am so glad you guys got to do this-- much deserved. I think it is awesome you shoot for a big vacation every three years!

Brittani said...

Are you kidding me, what an amazing vacation! I seriously can not believe how beautiful it is there, I want to show my hubby and do a little nudge, nudge! Anyways looks like you guys had a blast!