Wednesday, March 3, 2010

What we have been up to...

What have we been up to? Well since the beginning of the year, we have been doing the normal day to day thing with a couple of weekend trips here and there. The boys and I have enjoyed taking walks down by the beach, and enjoying living in a place where the weather pretty much is paradise anytime of the year. We do get a few days of rain here and there, but even during the winter time, the beach is an enjoyable place for us to go and play.

In the early part of February, the boys and I took a trip up to Folsom, CA (northern California) to visit my sister Lana. We got super cheap plane tickets, and so Brent got to fly on an airplane, and actually remember it, since he is old enough to remember things. He loved it!

Brent and Cameron had fun playing with cousins, and I had fun hanging out with Lana. We took the kids to the Jelly Belly Factory, and also to a bouncing house place. I think by the end of our trip we were more worn out than the kids were. It was fun watching shows w/ Lana, laughing, and doing the mommy thing with my sister. For some reason, when Brent smiles in these pictures, he is Mr. Squinty eyes...he's half Asian..did you know? :)


Then, for Jared's 33rd birthday, we went to Mexico with our friends who had a house down past Rosarito. Jared went surfing, and the kids played on the beach. It was a little on the cold side, but it was fun to see Mexico in a different way. It was truly beautiful!
After Jared's birthday, we celebrated my 29th birthday, and went to BJ's for dinner...it was FAB. Loved it! Our next birthday is Brent's on April 24th, he will be 4 years old. He cannot wait for his birthday party...he fantasizes about it all the time.

6 comments:

Alison @ Oopsey Daisy said...

You guys travel and do the funnest things, even with 2 kids! What's your secret?!

Rachelle Underwood said...

Alison, it's actually a lot of work to travel w/ 2 kids. We are actually to the point, where we don't want to really do it anymore, until they are a little bit older. But, it is fun to change up the routine and get out of town. Can't wait till they are older...it will be so much easier, but then you have to take them out of school to go places.

Chris and Brittani Knudsen said...

OH can I please move to CA, I tell ya this Utah weather just sucks! Love all the cute pics, and am so jealous of all the traveling you get to do...so fun!

Anonymous said...

cameron's side profile in that first pic is so precious.. his lips and cheeks.. and brent is asian!! :)
jenny wells

Autumn said...

Looks like your family is doing great! I wanted to check up to see how you have been and by the looks of the happy faces, you seem to be doing well.
Your new food blog looks like it is going to be a site for me to follow. I love to look at "foodtography"....as well as try new yummy recipe's!

Autumn said...

Oh, and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that amazing photo you have for the header on this blog! Absolutely amazing!