Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Christmas!

I have had a really hard time maintaining my family blog. I feel like I used to update once every 2 weeks, and now I'm lucky if I can update once a month!
We have been busy and living our lives day to day in Hawaii. The boys and I go to the beach at least 3 times a week, and the boys love riding in the bike trailer down to the beach. However, it will be nice when Brent goes to school, and i will just be pulling 25 pound Cameron instead of a 60 pound load! My boys are just in their element when they are at the beach, and I'm so glad they have a love for the outdoors as Jared and I do. Rarely do the boys ever cry or complain, or want to leave when we are at the beach. Brent is getting really good at body boarding, and he is such a good swimmer.

Brent Body boarding
Jared and I take him out far, and he can swim all the way back to shore by himself! Cameron loves going in the water as well, but he knows he still needs me to go in. This is nice because I don't have to chase him around and worry about him drowning. Cameron loves playing in the sand and digging holes. He like to find treasures at the beach and collect sticks. Overall, the boys are extremely happy.


I taught Brent's class on Sunday in Primary, and it was fun to see how he has adjusted to the culture. Everybody is "auntie" or "uncle" in Hawaii, so all the kids were calling me Auntie in the class. Brent even started calling me that...it was funny. Then of course there is the greeting of aloha. Brent doesn't say it back yet...I don't think he knows that he is supposed to. I was very pleased with Brent, as he was very well behaved, and pays attention to what teachers say. Seeing him in a learning environment made me hopeful and happy knowing that he will be a good student in school this fall.

Brent wrote his name in the sand all by himself!


Cameron is as sweet as ever. He shows his loves by giving hugs and kisses. When I drop him off at the gym daycare, he won't let me leave without giving him a hug and a kiss...it is so CUTE! He also says "Love you mama!" and this is all without any promptings from me. What a sweet boy he is!

Jared is still enjoying his job very much. He has taken helicopter trips to the top of mountain ranges. Taken trips to Kauai, and Maui, and will be taking a few other trips coming the new year...lucky dog! He also makes it up to the North Shore to surf 2-3 times a week before work. Every Saturday we go to the beach as a family in the morning for a couple of hours, and it is alot of fun. We are also enjoying the fact that Jared gets every other Friday off.

Jared in his helicopter gear...HOT!

I have been staying busy with my 2 boys, and taking care of our house. I love the weather in Hawaii when it is not stormy! It is hard to believe people are bundled up in coats and pants everywhere else. I feel like I'm living summer year around (which is my favorite season).
We all are super excited about Christmas, as Brent really gets the whole concept this year. He has a paper chain, so he can count how many days until Christmas. He is especially excited for Christmas Eve. Jared told Brent that he would sleep with him in his room. Let me tell you how excited Jared is about this! Brent really can't wait. 2 times a year Jared sleeps in Brent's room, on Christmas Eve, and on his Birthday. Brent loves it, and as Jared and him are laying there, he says things like "Dad, let's talk."
Jared and I will be celebrating our 7 year anniversary on the 27th. We will be going golfing (which we both love to do) and going out to a nice restaurant...we are excited to get away!!!!! It has been a great 7 years. In fact, there are times when we are all at home together, me making dinner, Jared playing with the kids, living in Hawaii, I just feel a overwhelming sense of joy for our life that we have. I feel so blessed, and know that Heavenly Father watches over our family, and blesses us with so much. I'm truly grateful!

3 comments:

Alison @ Oopsey Daisy said...

Merry Christmas, Rachelle! I am so glad you guys are living your dream!

Jenny Ricks said...

Looks like paradise! I love those pictures of your boys!!! I was just telling Sean we should go to Hawaii for his law school graduation and then I realized I would have a brand new baby... maybe next year!!!

Brittani said...

Who are we kidding can we trade places for a couple of months? Sounds like you guys are seriously living the dream, and in paradise too! Hey I am going to be there in July and would love to come and visit you if you will be around. We are going to be there July 23-30th, anyways hopefully we can get together!