Sunday, October 5, 2008
Injuries
In the past 2 weeks, Jared and I have both gotten pretty hurt. Jared a couple of weeks ago was out surfing in some big waves. There were alot of people at the surf spot, and he fell into the white wash, and someone else went under the wave, and when they came up, the tip of their board rammed into Jared's cheek like a screwdriver. He at first thought it went all the way through to the inside of his mouth, luckily it didn't. He has since recovered, and has a permanent dimple in his left cheek. I was just glad it wasn't his eyeball....gross I know. Last week, I was making a fresh peach pie, and I have sharp Henkle's knives. I have had these knives for a while now, and I have never cut myself. I was taking out a pit with the knife, because Brent wanted to play with it, and the knife slipped and shaved off the top of m index finger....it hurt sooooooooo bad! I had to go to the doctor because I was bleeding so much. It has almost healed, but has been a pain in the butt. So I really hope the trend of getting injured ends, it's not like we are doing outrageous things. Brent thankfully is fine, but I hesitate to say anything, fearing something has got to happen. Be safe everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Yikes! Both injuries sound very painful... I'm glad you guys are ok! I can't tell you how many times I have stabbed myself with knives while chopping stuff up. Anyway, how are you feeling? Your beach looks so awesome!
WOW...no more knives for the preggo...:)
Glad you guys are recovering...sure miss you all down here...but I am sure your enjoying every minute of Cali....
I tagged you on my blog...
Ouch! That sounds really painful. I hope you're healing okay.
Hi Shell! I saw you on Diana's blog and I realized that it's been a while since I visited yours.
I love all the pics. Brent is such a big boy!! And he's such a doll. I think he looks like a real California boy. :)
Also, your new house is gorgeous. Wow. And the beach looks heavenly! I'm way jealous. :)
Post a Comment