Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Train Ride
2 weekends ago, Jared, myself, my sis and Brent went on the train to downtown San Diego. (I have pictures that I will post soon). Brent has been obsessed with trains ever since we moved to Carlsbad, because the tracks are right by the beach. There is also a little trail we walk along next to the train tracks, and he LOVES it. We waited at the train station for the train to come, and Brent was waiting so patiently, making sure he never took his eyes off the tracks in the distance. When the train arrived, he got on, and sat right in the chair. The ride was very picturesque, as we travelled along the coast. Brent was very serious, and calm the whole time. We had taken our bikes, and so when we arrived we got on our bikes and rode to Balboa Park. It is a HUGE park in San Diego with museums and fountains, and random musicians set up everywhere. There was a saxophone player named Mr. P playing....I don't like the saxophone, it reminds me of soap opera's in the the 80's. Brent liked it though, and he was very intrigued. It was so much fun discovering new places, and sharing a "first time" with Brent. Our next family fun will be to Legoland. Legoland is one exit north of us, and they let Carlsbad residents in for free for the last hour of the day. So basically we could go everyday, since it is so close. I'm just waiting for Jared to get work off a little earlier, so that we can all go together for the first time. It should be fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
:)I LOVE that story! I can picture little Brent quietly waiting for the train. What a doll!
By the way I TOTALLY agree with you about the sax, it is an instrument that has seen better days. It seems like sax music belongs in grocery stores and elevators.
Hug little Brenty for me and tell him "ka-wol" says hi:)
hahaha! I agree with you-- the saxophone is so cheesy! You are so lucky to be living in a place with so many awesome things to do and see. How are you feeling?
How fun...I remember going to Balboa park...You look great...Brent has grown up so much since he has left...How was Halloween?..
I love 'first time' things with kids. It's makes it more exciting for the adults to see kids so excited.
so where are those fun pics to post...? That was a good time. ;) I remember you and I laughing so hard at Mr/ P.. it is A SICK SICK INSTRUMENT! You look great in that pic with Sarah. Can't wait for this week.. :)
Post a Comment