Sunday, November 9, 2008

Legoland

This last week, I went to Legoland twice with Brent. They let locals in for free for the last hour of the day. It is so close to our house, (3 minutes) and it is the perfect thing to do at the end of a day with a hyper little boy. On Saturday, Jared came with us, and we rode a couple of the kiddie rides. Then Brent saw one of the roller coasters, and called it the fast train. He wanted to ride it, and Jared and I looked at each other in surprised, and got in line with Brent. Luckily Brent is 36 inches tall now, so he is able to ride about everything at Legoland. However, he doesn't understand that we have to wait in line for things. He gets SOOOO frustrated when he has to wait. I was so surprised that he wanted to ride such a fast ride, but I was very excited to see how he would actually enjoy it. Jared rode with him in the front car and I was right behind him. When we went down the big hill, Jared held on to Brent so he wouldn't slosh around, he is still so tiny! Brent was a little unsure at first, but we were going so fast that he didn't have time to cry. I think he liked it, he wasn't bawling afterwards, he just kept on telling me "too scary momma". I tried to turn it around and talk about how fun it was and what a big boy he was. So, maybe he will want to ride it next time we go. It was alot of fun, and we were ALL tired at the end of the day. Earlier in the day we had spent the afternoon at the beach. The sun, and amusement park took all the energy out of us. Brent was asleep by seven and Jared and I dropped dead at nine.

5 comments:

IronLawGirl said...

How fun! I've never been to Legoland. I'm so jealous that you guys are in SanDiego! Have you seen Ron Burgundy yet? ;)

AZ is just fine and dandy. I'm not working! Yippee, but that means we are in the poor house! I'm actually realllllly wanting to go back to school again, but we'll see how that will work with the two chitlins. Speaking of which, how is number two cooking up? I hope things are going well.

Miss you so much!!

Diana said...

Poor Brent. He can join the list of Underwoods traumatized by the "fast train." It sounds like you guys are ideally situated for tons of fun family activities. I can't wait till little Karl is old enough to enjoy some of the stuff around here.

Anonymous said...

Ohh how fun!!! You guys are such a cute family!!! Have you chose a name for the baby?

Beth said...

I'm surprized you were able to ride being prego. Legoland Sounds Fun. If you guys do come up here I'd love to get together.

Mel and Nate said...

Hey Rachelle!!!! I was sooooo excited to hear from you! You guys are so cute and your son is adorable! That is so fun we are all prego! Does Allison have a blog too? I was just thinking about you the other day and wondering how I could find you! I am still stuck in Utah but hopefully not for too much longer! You guys look like you are having a blast!