Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A family of 4

As we are approaching Cameron's 1 month birthday, I feel as though time has flown by and that it has also gone very slow. Weird how it can feel that way. Cameron is growing, and eating and doing all the new born things. Brent is also doing quite well considering the changes in our family. He is very helpful in getting things for me, like diapers, and my cell phone. And the other day, Cameron was crying in his bouncy chair, and Brent went to the chair and lightly rocked it, so Cameron would stop crying. This is a big improvement over Brent using the bouncy chair as a sling shot , and Cameron being the object getting slinged. (Luckily I was in the room for that one).
We just celebrated Jared's 32nd birthday...he is an old man. I made him carrot cake, per his request, and it came out so good. The recipe is from Barefoot Contessa, and it was TDF (To Die For). As 4 weeks post-pardom is approaching, I'm finding myself getting a little anxious to get my body back into shape. I know I need to wait, so I don't injure myself, but I'm tired of feeling like a Frump! Only 2 more weeks to go, until I get the go ahead to start my hard-core diet and exercise. It is exciting, but at the same time, I'm dreading it.

4 comments:

Erica said...

What a doll...I love his lips...I am glad your all doing well..I think of you all often..

I know what you mean about the bod...ha..

I love Barefoot Contessa..she is my cooking idol...:)

Happy Birthday to you in a few as well...

Miss ya..

Erica

Jenny Ricks said...

Cameron is such a cutie! How are you feeling? I just started running again last week and it was ugly... better luck to you :)How is Cameron doing with eating and sleeping? We've FINALLY got nursing figured out and Jackson sleeps from about 11pm to 6:30 or 7 am so I can't complain too much.

Beth said...

I'm glad you all are doing okay. Brent seems to be learning how to be a big brother. TDF cakes are always the best! I'll have to try that recipe.

The Oberhauser's said...

Cameron is SO cute! I'm glad to hear Brent is adjusting well. We are having some issues with Aiden since the baby has come. Aiden has been hitting... a lot! We're working on it though and I'm sure it's going to take some time for him to adjust and get used to having a brother.

Monday is my 6week mark so I have a doc appt to check my battle wounds (c-section scar) and see if I get the clear to work out and all that. I can't wait. :) I know what you mean about wanting your body back and not feeling frumpy anymore.

I love Barefoot Contessa. I'll have to try that recipe for carrot cake.

Take it easy and enjoy this time with your newborn.

Miss you!