Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Getting through it!

A week and a half ago, Jared finished his second round of chemo, and it was a rough one. He was pretty sick during that week and about 4 days after. His toughest side affect has been the nausea. All the foods he has eaten in the last month sound gross to him, so the difficult part is thinking of new things for him to eat. Jared is a bald man now, but he still is as hot as ever to me :) . Next week will be his last round of chemo, and we are very excited to be done with all of this craziness. It will be nice to see Jared getting better constantly, instead of getting better and then getting poisoned again, like he gets as he is going through this treatment. When I think about what we have been through for the last 2 1/2 months...I'm seriously amazed. I just can't believe we are making it through this. Before all this happened, I used to think in the my head, "wouldn't it be the worst thing if Jared ever got really sick?" HA! Funny how sometimes the brain foreshadows what is going to happen. However, we are almost through, and I never thought we would be able to handle something like this. It just goes to show, that you can handle just about anything that life throws at you. It may suck, and you may not want to be going through it, but you can make it through anything, especially when you rely on Heavenly Father to help you through it.
The kids are doing great! Cameron is a giant. He is wearing 12 month clothes now, and he is only 4 months old! He is not very chubby, it's his body length...it's insane. I feel like he has grown up so much. Brent is a social butterfly, and loves playing with friends, going to the beach, and watching his "shows" in the morning on TV.

7 comments:

IronLawGirl said...

Wow, you guys are troopers! But what are your options right? I guess you just have the right attitude about it. I've been keeping your names on the prayer roll here.

Alison @ Oopsey Daisy said...

Wow, 2 rounds done. That is amazing. I love the picture of Cameron in the bumbo. He is so cute!! I can't believe he is in 12 mo. clothes. Ashton is insanely long too. Long and skinny little boys! You guys keep hanging in there--life can only get easier and less hectic after all you've been through! When will you know the results? Keep us posted! Love you guys!

Erica said...

I really needed to read that right now...Thanks for reminding me that anything is possible with Heavenly Father's help...

Love the pics of the boys...

Miss you guys..'

love,

Erica

Jenny Ricks said...

I am so glad Jared will be done with the chemo soon. I can't imagine going through everything you guys are going through. Good luck with this last round and we'll keep you in our prayers!

Unknown said...

You guys are so sweet and blessed by our Father in Heaven because of your good hearts and righteous choices. I'm grateful to know you and have your example of strength and perseverance in my life. You guys are definitely in a lot of our prayers!

Beth said...

I'm really glad that it's almost over. It's amazing what a good a sport you all have been during this, I think I would be a wreck!! I'm glad you're boys are doing good. I can't believe Cameron is so big...well I guess I can because Jared is so tall:)

Chris and Brittani Knudsen said...

RACHELLE...Oh my gosh Ok I found your blog off of Heather's and all I can say is you guys are amazing. I can not belive how well you are holding up for the circumstances, and all I have to say is that if anyone can handle this trial it is the two of you. Our thoughts and prayers will be with your cute little family!