Last week Jared finished the last round of his chemotherapy. It has been definitely rough! I never want to see anyone ever go through this again. He has one more shot that he has to get on Tuesday, and then he is done with IV's. Even though Jared can only live one day at a time, I'm thinking about the road ahead, and how great it is going to be when cancer is just a memory in our minds. I have to say one thing, I'm so glad that our children will not remember this time. It would have been so much harder to see them suffer emotionally from this. Brent just thinks that daddy likes to take naps all the time, and gets "owies" at the doctor constantly. Cameron likes his daddy even more with a bald head, because they match together. We are definitely looking forward to a future filled with lots of FUN memories. Jared's attitude on life is to live it like there is no tomorrow. We may be going on some crazy trips soon....screw buying a house, let's go to Australia! Ha ha! We will see...
This past month my sister Lana was able to come down for a visit. Brent LOVES playing w/ his cousins. We went on the train, down to downtown San Diego. The kids didn't care much about S.D., it was the train ride that was fun. The coastal view on the way down was awesome. My sister and I also took the kids and picked strawberries in the fields here in Carlsbad. You pay like 4 bucks, and fill your baskets with strawberries, they are TDF. We spent a couple days at the beach, and also enjoyed watching the Bachelorette together. It was awesome, because all the things I say about the show to myself while I watch it, I had someone to say them to.
Back to the future...Jared goes in for his last body scan and blood work on July 19th, and then we meet with the oncologist for our hopefully final visit on the 24th, where she will say, "You are cancer free, Jared". And that day will be a PARTY day!!! July 24th is also the day that Jared and I kissed for the first time. Sappy, I know, but it could become an even more memorable day to us. Oh ya, and it's pioneer day...don't forget them!
4 comments:
Yeah!!! I'm so glad things are getting there! Hope to hear that he's cancer free. The boys are getting so big and are cute as ever.
What a rough ride...I hope it's over for good soon! I love when Family comes to visit, it's an excuse to drop everything and have fun.
Almost there! You guys are the best, hang it there!
I LOVE YOU!!!
thank you so much for your comment about the eating, i know it was tmi, but it is just nice to hear that you are not alone!!
and i have decided that you are my hero! i think about you and your sweet family all the time, and you are wonder women. sounds like things are getting better and better. hopefully the 24th will be the "party day!"
XOXO
h
Post a Comment