Thursday, June 24, 2010

I know it's been a while...

I have been very neglectful! Life has been busy, draining, and fun this last month. Some of you know that I have been training for an Olympic Distance Triathlon. It is SOOOOOOOO hard to train for something and maintain balance as a mother, wife, me. I have been waking up at 5:30am every morning either to run or ride my bike and then coming back before Jared goes to work, and then because I need to swim or go on a bike ride that takes me too long to do in the morning I leave after the kids go to bed to do that. So needless to say, I'm tired, and stretched in more ways than one. My race is this Saturday where I will swim a mile, run 6.2 miles, and bike 25 miles. I'm not doing an "official" triathlon, I'm just doing one on my own, seeing as there are barely any races on Saturday, and Jared will be meeting me in specific spots during the race for water, transitions, etc. My route is awesome, I will be running along the coast, where I have been training for the last 9 weeks. I'm excited to do it, and I'm excited that it is going to be over.
So, last week we went to the Del Mar Fair as a family, and had a good time. The boys loved riding in the double decker bus to get to the fair grounds, and enjoyed petting all the sheep and chickens. (The boys riding on the double decker bus...I love their profiles)

We got a funnel cake and cotton candy....no turkey legs and fried pop tarts for us thank you very much! I wanted to sing the song from Charlotte's Web "...A fair is a veritable smorgasbord orgasbord orgasbord". And I kept asking Brent if we were going to see Templeton the rat all fat and rolling everywhere, he really thought we were going to see him, and kept looking around for him.
We are looking forward to family coming into town, for cousins to play, and major beach time!

3 comments:

Beth said...

Wow that's awesome that you've been training so hard! I bet you are glad it's almost over. You'll have so much free time next week that I bet you'll get bored. I bet Jared and the boys will be glad to have you back!!

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha Rachelle! I love the Charlotte's Web/fair stuff! We are going to the State Fair this summer (think the city fair on a HUGE scale) and I know that is what I will be thinking! I also LOVE that you are creating your own race..we need to think of a catchy name for your race...maybe the Mom's Sanity Triathlon...or Get Rid of the Last of the Baby Weight So You Feel Good in a Bathing Suit Triathlon...something like that! Good for you!!! I want to hear how you do!
--Lana

Courtney said...

you are crazy, but in a good way! Hope your race goes good. Sounds like you are ready for it.