Monday, July 26, 2010

Make the clouds go away!!!!

So this summer has not been so awesome. We have had one week of beach weather, and here it is almost August. It feel like we live in Seattle of something. Each morning there is fog, and then some mist, and then over-cast skies. Anybody want to go int eh freezing cold 63 degree water? Seriously, it is NUTS! Jared read a statistic that it hasn't been this cold during the winter on the coast since 1915...that was almost 100 years ago! Well, such is life, and we probably will get summer weather in the fall.
I had a really awesome experience with Jared this last weekend. I was away in Lake Arrowhead while he was at home. We were making some important/major life decisions, and we spent a couple of hours on the phone working through what choice to make. This decision has been in the workings for about 2 years now, so it has been a long road. After coming to a conclusion together, I now have a stronger testimony of the priesthood. I appreciate the fact that Jared always counsels with me, as his partner when it comes to matters of our family. I feel like a team player, and equal and that my voice is valid and that it is being heard. I appreciate the fact that Jared wants to make righteous decisions for our family, and that he uses the gospel morals to make decisions concerning worldly matters. The gospel is what life is about. It's not about success or money or what you have. It is about trying to be Christ-like, and raising a righteous family, and putting Heavenly Father first. When I have these experiences I value my testimony of the truth beyond words. I truly love my husband for all that he is and all that he does. He really is an amazing leader.
I didn't know if I wanted to write this on my blog. But, I figured it would be great to come back and read what I have wrote when Jared ticks me off...(j/k but not really).

5 comments:

Alison @ Oopsey Daisy said...

I know!! When we were in San Diego, it was *freezing*! I know it's right next to the beach, but still!! Colorado is much hotter than usual. What's up with this?!

Beth said...

Too bad about the beach...isn't that why people live where you live, is to go to the beach?!! So what's the big life decision, you left us hanging....not to be nosey or anything??? :)

Courtney said...

crazy that is been that cold lately! You and Jared are so sweet together. Hope things are good with you all, can't wait to hear whats going on for you guys.

Anonymous said...

Yeah you left us all hanging on this desicion.. ;)I am glad you have that with open communication. jwells

Nilssen Family said...

This is so great to read now that we know... the rest of the story ;)