Stories of a tall man, a "cooking Barbie", and two beach loving boys
Friday, September 10, 2010
We are moving to Hawaii!!!!
Can you believe it? I have been dying to make this awesome news public, but I had to wait for Jared to let his work know. Jared got a job with the Fish and Wildlife Services. He is in charge of all the natural refuges in the state of Hawaii and the surrounding islands and atolls 500 miles around. It is really his dream job, and we couldn't be happier. We are going to miss Carlsbad deeply, and we really love San Diego, but how can we pass up Hawaii? It has always been a goal for us to live in Hawaii, ever since we got married. Hawaii has always been a special place for us, seeing as Jared spent his high school years there and I went to BYU Hawaii for 4 months. We also went on our honeymoon to Hawaii, so it has been 7 years since the last time we went there. We were able to go out to Hawaii last weekend to check out the city that we want to live in. We decided that we are going to live in Kailua, which is on the windward side, and about 12 miles (20 minutes) from downtown Honolulu, where Jared will be working. Kailua has one of the prettiest beaches, and there is every convience you could ask for in a town. The mountains are super green and there are several little islands to paddle to just off the shore of Kailua. Here is a picture: Luckily all of our moving expenses are paid for, as well as plane tickets, and professional movers. I'm so glad that I don't have to pack up my whole house! We plan on leaving the mainland on October 6th, and then Jared will start work about 2 weeks after that. Brent is super excited to not have to wear his wetsuit. We are so excited for this adventure!!! Come and visit!
Are you FOR REAL?! Seriously, I am absolutely shocked and jealous! Who would have thought when we were there 8 years ago... you would end up moving there?! Oh we will come visit :)
Um...wow and seriously amazing! You guys deserve it. Especailly since it's Jared's dream job, that is great for him. Now we need to plan a girls vacation with you, me, beth, jenny, who ever else! How fun!!
7 comments:
No way!!!!!! I am so jealous!!! But you guys so deserve this. And yes, I'll come visit. ;)
Wow - I am soooo jealous! What an exciting adventure! Hope the move goes well. can I REALLY come visit? ;)
Are you FOR REAL?! Seriously, I am absolutely shocked and jealous! Who would have thought when we were there 8 years ago... you would end up moving there?! Oh we will come visit :)
Yes!!! Sooo excited for you guys. Good luck with all the moving craziness.
Um...wow and seriously amazing! You guys deserve it. Especailly since it's Jared's dream job, that is great for him. Now we need to plan a girls vacation with you, me, beth, jenny, who ever else! How fun!!
Thats awesome!! Especially since you all love the beach so much. How long are you planning to live there? I will definately have to come visit!
HOLY COW!!! You are one lucky girl, what an adventure! If I ever get back to Hawaii I am definitely coming to visit ya!
Post a Comment