Sunday, October 10, 2010

Utah wedding and moving to Hawaii

For about the past 2 weeks we have been living out of our suitcases. The movers came a couple of weeks ago and packed our whole house up, and loaded it onto a BIG crate. I have to admit, it was awesome not having to wrap or pack a thing in my house. We then flew up to Utah, with our 6 bags of luggage (not including carry-ons) to go to Jared's sister's wedding. I'm so happy for Sarah and her new family!

Cameron got his pants and shoes all muddy on the temple grounds right before pictures, so he was the white trash kid running around in his diaper. However, this is the cutest picture of him EVER!


It was fun being with the Underwood's and I also got to play college student for the day. Jared's dad teaches at BYU, and so I went to one of his history classes, and it was alot of fun to transport myself back to the day. I do have to admit, I had to scrape the cob-webs from my brain, so that I could even understand what the discussion/class was about.
We flew to Hawaii on Wednesday of last week, and have been here for about 5 days. We are staying in a furnished rental about a 2 minute walk from Kailua beach. We are desperately trying to find a place to live. Don't get me wrong there are plenty of places to live in Kailua, but we are pretty particular in what we want. I'm sure if time goes by and nothing comes up, we will have to start looking at other options.
I love Kailua! The weather in Hawaii is just SOOOOOOO awesome. Here are some of the things that I love about being here:
I never have to put lotion on my legs, I don't bother with blow-drying my hair, make-up is optional, we eat dinner outside every night, the kids never wear shoes, it rains and then it's sunny a few minutes later, everyone is so relaxed, Jared doesn't start work until the 26th, Brent is a pro at catching baby salamanders, I feel at home, even if I don't have a home.
Brent and Cameron LOVE the beach...the water is so warm, and turquoise. Jared and I have said to eachother several times..."Can you believe we live here?" It really is gorgeous. So, our main goal is to find a house, so that I can make it a home. I think that will be the icing on the cake!

5 comments:

Alison @ Oopsey Daisy said...

Wow! You are really killing me with jealousy!! I am glad that the move went smoothly... good luck with the house hunt!!

Courtney said...

thats so awesome that you are there and loving! good luck finding a place. I know how it is to be looking for what you want and nothing is quite right. It was hard for us to find a good rental up here just because it's a small town and not very many rentals. Can't wait to see more of Hawaii... :)

Shalene Miller said...

We just barely missed you guys while we were in Hawaii. We went to Kailua beach all the time and had so much fun plus Rock loved the 2 sea turtles that are frequents around there. I hope you guys have such a great time and who knows we might be there next summer to hang out.

Beth said...

I'm so glad you are having a good time living in Hawaii so far. We will definately have to come visit you. Good luck with the house hunt!

The Watkins said...

Look at you skinny minnie in that wedding picture.