Thursday, May 8, 2008

Brent's unique vocabulary

Brent had his 2 year appointment last week, and he is still in the 75th percentile in height. I announce this because of the great importance Brent's height plays in our family. Jared is convinced that Brent will be forever a "scrawny" midget. I keep on telling him that he should have married someone that wasn't average height for a woman. Anyways, the funny story of the week is that Brent loves helicopters, and he kind of likes the doctor. So,when we ask him to say helicopter, he says "ta-ta's" and when we ask him to say doctors, he says "ta-ta's. Jared and I find it so hilarious how he interprets certain words. Our very favorite word is squishy. When we ask Brent to say squishy, he says, "seecume". What? Where does he get that? I can understand ta-ta's, but seecume? We are enjoying listening to Brent's growing vocabulary, and can't wait to have a full conversation with him.

3 comments:

Beth said...

Very cute that Brent is starting to try to talk. I still have a while before Whitney talks.

Whitney's also in the 75% for her height...and we're both average, so I guess you can never know how tall kids will be til they just quit growing. So there's still a chance that Brent could be as tall as Jared.

Jwells said...

hahahahahahah that is a new on.. ask him to say crocadile and alligator, and of course my favorite.. squeegee.. ha ha ha I got you message but was in Vegas with a bunch of friends over the weekned.. call you tomorrow. love you and brentie and jared..

Renee Collins said...

aw, little Brenty is so cute. I can't wait for Logan to start really trying to talk. It's such an adorable time.

Oh yeah, tag. Sorry. See my blog.