Sunday, June 1, 2008

The House has SOLD!

YAAAAAAAA! Our house sold! We didn't expect it to happen so suddenly, but it was meant to be. We got an offer on it 2 days after we put it on the market, and everything has fallen into place since then. We are still waiting that 10 day period for the home inspection and stuff, but once that is over, it will really be official. The guy buying our house wants to close in 30 days, so that means Jared, Brent and I have to be be out of the house by the end of the month! There is so much to do, I can't even imagine how many boxes we are going to need. So where are we going? That's the big question everyone is asking. Well, I had already made plans before all the house selling stuff had even occurred, to spend most of the summer not in Arizona. Jared, Brent and I will be going to California to stay with my parents for a couple of weeks in July, to enjoy the beach. After that, Brent and I are going to Utah, to stay with my in-laws while Jared goes to New Mexico for work for 2 weeks. He will then join us for another week in Utah, and then we will finally be home around August 15th! I'm going to live out of a suit case for 2 months! When we come back from Utah, we are renting a house in Anthem, AZ (north Phoenix area) close to Jared's work. Since Jared is planning on graduating in December, we wanted to be able to leave as soon as he gets a job, and not have to worry about selling or renting out a house. So, that is our story, and plans for the summer. I'm going to miss Mesa, and all the friends I have made, but I'm excited for this new phase in our lives.

3 comments:

Courtney said...

Wow that was super fast. Sweet deal for you guys. Have fun visiting everyone!

IronLawGirl said...

hooray! I'm so excited I get to blog stalk you since soon we won't see each other for a while. But since your sister's in Folsom, we'll have to get together when you're up that way!

Autumn said...

That is impressive. 2 days. Wow! Good Luck with all the moving. My advice on the boxes. Walmart. You get there at 2:30am. Yep. And you just start walking around and you will see shopping carts full of empty boxes already collapsed for you. They are free to take. Domestics, cereal, and baby diaper area are great places to find good boxes. I went two different mornings and that was all I needed. Anyway, we did this the last 2 times we moved and it was a time saver. Dave and I are excited for you, but would be even more excited if you ended up here in a few months!!